Please note that the spay/neuter clinic will be closed on the following days during the holiday season:
Public Spay Neuter Clinic Holiday Closures
December 27th-January 2nd
Vaccine Clinic Holiday Closures
December 24th & 31st
To schedule a spay or neuter procedure, please call our office Tuesday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm (closed 12 noon to 1 pm) at 925-608-8420.
You do not have to be a resident of Contra Costa County to utilize clinic services.
Free Physical Exam
Pets receive a free physical examination when brought in for spaying or neutering. There is no charge for office calls or follow-up exams.
Why should I spay or neuter my animal?
Spaying and neutering:
- Prevents needless reproduction and destruction of animals
- Is the most effective means of preventing pregnancy
- Eliminates or reduces the attraction of male animals to the female
- Reduces the male's tendency to fight and the resulting wounds and infection
- Reduces the possibility of cancer or infection of the reproductive tract
- Results in a generally healthier, more desirable pet
- Allows spayed and neutered dogs and cats to be licensed at half the cost of non-spayed or non-neutered animals
Why would I not spay or neuter my animal?
A purebred pet may be unable to compete in the show ring if it is spayed or neutered.