To apply for a Building Permit or obtain inquiries related to the permit process, you may obtain service:
- In Person: Speak with our plan checkers on duty from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday, and 7:30 - 4:00 pm Friday. No appointment necessary, but recommended for large projects.
- By Phone: Speak with our plan checkers on duty from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday to Thursday, and 7:30 - 4:00 pm Friday.
- Self-Help: Access to our ePermit Center allows you to search Property/Permit information such as current projects and application status. Paying for permit fees and scheduling inspections are available online.
- Application for Permit
- Building Permit Requirements Checklist - Residential
- Building Permit Requirements Checklist - Commercial
- Certificate of Compliance for Plumbing Fixture Replacement (SB407)
- Construction and Demolition Debris Recovery Program (CalGreen)
- Code Violation Complaint Form - (Online)
- Code Violation Complaint Form - (Print and Submit)
- Furnace / Air Conditioner by Mail or Fax
- Permit by Mail or Fax (Plumbing, re-roof, and electrical)
- Permit Extension Request - (Online)
- Residential Photovoltaic System Requirements Checklist
- Commercial Photovoltaic System Requirements Checklist
- Records Research Request
- Soils Report Questionnaire Form SRQ0108BID
- Weekly Report Subscription Application
ePermit Center Forms
- Registration/User Agreement for Contractors
- Registration/User Agreement for Owner-Builders
- Online Application Section B
Required Forms for Owner / Builder Permit Applications
Forms below are required for submission prior to permit issuance
Required Title 24 Forms for HVAC and ReRoof Permits
Download and complete one form per permit based on the permit job site. The form is in PDF format, can be filled out electronically and saved. Submit the completed form by e-mail to email@example.com or by fax to (925) 674-7244. Make sure to indicate the permit number on your form.
- Form CF1R-ALT-03-E for Climate Zone 3 - West Contra Costa County
- Form CF1R-ALT-04-E for Climate Zone 12 - All of Contra Costa except West County
- Form CF1R-ALT-05-E for Residential ReRoof projects
- How To Guides
- Recognized Special Inspection & Testing Agencies
- 2016 Residential & Non Residential CalGreen Mandatory Measures Checklist