Board of Supervisors Appointed Bodies, Committees and Commissions
Contra Costa is governed by a five member Board of Supervisors elected to represent citizens of our County. County government also includes a variety of citizen commissions, committees and other entities formed to advise the Board of Supervisors and County staff on issues and policy. County committees are created as a result of State and Federal legislation, agreements with public or private agencies, and local needs. They serve as links to our community, expanding the dialogue between the public and the County government, and enhancing the quality of life for our residents.
We welcome the participation of our citizens, and have a wide variety of positions available. Some of our appointed bodies have very targeted, specific focus, while others have broad-based jurisdictional responsibilities. Elected officials, including County Supervisors, sit on some of these entities; most are comprised of people who have an interest in a facet of local government, and are to be thanked for giving their time and expertise.
The following information is available to assist you in participating:
- Details about each appointed body, committee and commission(Under “view,” select Information, and click on “Go”)
- Citizen Advisory Body Meeting Agendas
- Current list of local appointments (Under “view,” select Current Roster, and click on “Go”)
- Current list of vacancies
- Application to serve on an appointed body, committee or commission
- Find out in which supervisorial district you live; many appointments are specific to the boundaries of each district
For more information, please contact the Clerk of the Board:
Address: 651 Pine Street,Room 106, Martinez, CA 94553
Ph::(925) 335-1900 Fx:(925) 335-1913