Staff is responsible for:
- Coordinating, designing and advertising county public road projects, flood control projects and airport projects.
- Supervising the building of capital road, drainage and flood control improvement projects.
- Supervising the construction of road and drainage improvements on private development projects in the unincorporated areas of Contra Costa County.
The Design Section develops projects from the preliminary design stage to advertising the project for bids and construction.
The design process includes:
- Determining right of way needs
- Gathering utility information and coordinating any necessary utility re-locations
- Initiating the environmental assessment
- Initiating right of way acquisition
- Obtaining the necessary permits for construction
- Designing the project
Capital Project Construction staff provides supervision and contract administration of all projects advertised by, and built under contract with, the Public Works Department, Flood Control and Water Conservation District and assessment districts.
Staff also provides inspection for Subdivision and Other Land Development construction work done by private developers and contractors creating new roads and/or drainage facilities for subdivisions or projects required for Subdivisions, Land Use Permits, Development Permits and Road Acceptance Projects.
Current Project Information
To see a list of projects our Design/Construction Division is currently constructing as well as projects that we have completed for the year please click here. Also, see our projects listed on Google Maps.